In keeping with best-practice operating policies for educational institutions, the Gathering 4 Gardner Foundation has adopted the following Code of Conduct. We ask all G4G13 participants to familiarize themselves with, and adhere to, this code:
Code of Conduct
We’re eager to make sure that our event is great for everyone, so we present a code of conduct which we ask that you follow.
- We want to be inclusive. Do not engage in exclusionary behavior or language against anyone based on their gender (binary, assigned, or otherwise), sexual orientation, race, disability, mental health, level of education, or age. Don’t make exclusionary jokes, not even “ironically”.
- Don’t harass people. Unconsented physical contact, sexual attention, or stalking can constitute harassment, even if it wasn’t intended to cause distress. Dressing or acting in a certain way is not consent; consent is saying “yes” (or words to that effect).
- Aggression and elitism are unwelcome here – it’s not a competition. We’re all at G4G to have fun.
- If you’re taking photographs, video, or other recordings, please make sure that everyone being featured is happy for you to do that.
Attendees violating these rules may be asked to leave the event and will not be welcome back to our events in the future.
If you are subject to, or observe, any harassment, or have any concerns about behavior that you think might be making some participants feel uncomfortable, please speak to a member of the organizing team or email the organizers of G4G at email@example.com. Reports will be dealt with discreetly and in confidence.
Please be aware of your surroundings and the effect that your words and actions have on the people around you. We want everyone to treat each other with respect and have a great time.
– The G4G Board of Directors