G4Gn Gift Exchange Books
The Gift Exchange is an integral part of the Gathering 4 Gardner biennial conferences. Gathering participants exchange gifts, papers, puzzles and other interesting artifacts.
There are two ways to participate in the Gift Exchange. Participants either prepare ~300 copies of a Physical Exchange item (typically a puzzle, magic trick, artwork, or other physical artifact) or they submit an Article or Paper to the conference Exchange Book.
The G4G Exchange Book is for those who wish to submit papers as their gift and also for those who wish to include descriptions, instructions, solutions, etc. related to their physical gift. Copies of the G4G Exchange Books are published by the G4G Foundation and are distributed to conference attendees.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Regarding Gift Exchange Copyright
In the spirit of Martin Gardner, who believed in inclusiveness and the sharing of knowledge and curiosity, and as a non-profit that benefits from the generosity of our community, G4G is pleased to give back to the world by making the G4Gn Gift Exchange Books available for download online.
However, these papers are a compilation of original material and the contributors retain their copyrights. No part of the Gift Exchange Books may be reproduced or distributed in any form, without prior written permission from the original author. If you would like to request permission to reproduce or alter any G4G paper, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can put you in contact with the author.
Previous Exchange Books
- G4G12 EXCHANGE BOOK
- G4G11 EXCHANGE BOOK
- G4G10 EXCHANGE BOOK – Coming Soon…
- The G4G10 papers are currently being edited and will be published online within the next few months.
- G4G9 EXCHANGE BOOK
- G4G8 EXCHANGE BOOK
- G4G7 EXCHANGE BOOK
Martin Gardner Tribute Books
- A Lifetime of Puzzles: A Collection of Puzzles in Honor of Martin Gardner’s 90th Birthday, Erik Demaine, Martin Demaine, and Thomas M. Rodgers (editors).
(ISBN-10: 1568812450; ISBN-13: 978-1568812458). October 2008.
- Homage to a Pied Puzzler, Ed Pegg Jr. and Alan Schoen (editors).
(ISBN-10: 1568813155; ISBN-13: 978-1568813158). February 2009.
- Mathematical Wizardry for a Gardner, Ed Pegg Jr. and Alan Schoen (editors).
(ISBN-10: 156881447X; ISBN-13: 978-1568814476). April 2009.
- Puzzlers’ Tribute: A Feast for the Mind, David Wolfe and Thomas M Rodgers (editors). (ISBN-10 1568811217; ISBN-13: 978-1568811215). December 2001.
- Tribute to a Mathemagician, Barry Cipra, Erik Demaine, Martin Demaine, and Thomas M Rodgers (editors). (ISBN-10: 1568812043; ISBN-13: 978-1568812045). November 2004.
- The Mathematician and the Pied Puzzler, Elwyn R Berlekamp and Thomas M Rodgers (editors). (ISBN-10: 156881075X; ISBN-13: 978-1568810751). March 1999. Now available for download courtesy of CRC Press. (2.4MB, 251 pages)
Martin Gardner Posters
The G4G Foundation is pleased to offer a series of Martin Gardner posters for download.
QUICK POSTER PREVIEW: Flickr Slideshow
- MG and the Popularization of Mathematics (PNG) | (PDF)
- MG and Leading Mathematicians (PNG) | (PDF)
- MG and Literature (PNG) | (PDF)
- MG and Magic (PNG) | (PDF)
- MG and Mathematical Games (PNG) | (PDF)
- MG and Pseudo-Science (PNG) | (PDF)
- MG and Visual Arts (PNG) | (PDF)
File Size Warning:
The PDF files above may take a few minutes to download.