If You Love Math, Magic & Puzzles, Get Involved!
There are many ways to help G4G, financial contributions are always appreciated, but volunteering at events or applying for one of our volunteer positions is another great way to help out and gain experience while supporting a great cause!
G4G needs a few talented folks to help with various tasks and spreading the love for Martin Gardner. If you’re interested in any of the positions below, contact us at: email@example.com
- WordPress Specialist / Web Programmer – We need someone who can work with us to clean up the Celebration of Mind events map and registration system as well as find and implement plugins in order to better store and search gift exchange papers on the G4G website. If you have programming and/or WordPress experience this could be the project for you.
- Web Assistant Administrator – Whether you’re a pro at maintaining websites or you’ve never done it before, this could be a fun way to get your fix or your feet wet. We are looking for an individual to help keep the CoM site updated with host resources, new content and announcements. We can provide basic WordPress training.
- Development Strategist – If you are passionate about the future of G4G and have a background in fundraising we would welcome your help as we develop strategies (both short & long term) for our growth.
- Celebration of Mind Event Hosts – New event hosts for Celebration of Mind are always needed and this is a fun and simple way to get involved and share your passions. It would be great to get events going earlier in the year to fill out our world map. We hope that many of you will join our host list this year!
- CoM Game & Puzzle Event Coordinator – If you are eager to spread the word about G4G and have good planning and organizational skills, perhaps you would like to work on coordinating game and puzzle events in several cities to promote G4G and CoM.
Any amount of time you can offer would be greatly appreciated!
Interested in volunteering for one of these positions?
G4G13 Conference Volunteer Opportunities
G4G13 Gift Exchange Bag Stuffer – Prepare bags with attendees’ gifts, usually done a week before the Gathering.
G4G13 Registrar – Register people at the conference and for events at the conference.
G4G13 Gopher – Help out as needed.
G4G13 Ask Me – Answer questions for attendees.
G4G13 Ticket Collector – Collect tickets at events.
G4G13 Distributor – Place schedules on tables and hand out materials that need to be distributed.
G4G13 Security – Watch over the sales area and other areas when attendees are at the talks or at meals.